Do you enjoy flexibility and the ability to work from home? Achieve Test Prep provides virtual prep courses to increase students’ likelihood of earning college credits via credit-by-exam. We are a fully virtual organization with all team members working 100% remotely.
We are seeking a Web Programmer responsible for maintaining and developing code across a broad range of ATP’s internal systems. Candidates should be open to learning new technologies and techniques and applying them to various existing and new projects.
- Designs and writes code that solves programming issues with little or no help; unit tests, debugs, documents, and implements computer programs.
- Interprets business and system use cases and requirements documentation to understand functionality to be developed, translates these requirements into a software coding solution and may provide input for functional requirements specifications. Prepares detailed analysis, plans, diagrams, and verification procedures for existing and proposed applications.
- Develops new code or modifies existing application program code; maintains, supports, and monitors program code ensuring ongoing operations and execution of this software.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Provides support for application software programs, including problem resolution from software failures or other problems, answering questions, etc.
- Installs, tests, and upgrades proprietary application software.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technology related field or a combination of education / certification and experience preferred
- 3+ years experience in programming
- Experience in HTML/CSS
- Practical knowledge in Server-side programming using PHP.
- Understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Experience resolving differences between internet browser versions and devices
- Organized, detail oriented and willing to learn and apply new skills.
Nice to have: What would make you stand out, so let us know if you have any of these
- Experience with Moodle (or similar LMS system).
- Salesforce development experience.
- Experience using Bootstrap.
- Knowledge of the React framework.
- WordPress application experience.
- Django application knowledge.
- CD/CI knowledge.
- Experience using version control tools, such as Github, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience developing for a cloud hosted environment, such as AW.
- Experience using a task planning solution, i.e. Asana, Jira, Basecamp, etc
- Knowledge/Experience using an agile-based development methodology (Scrum).