About our UX Designer:
If you like to analyze and understand the journey of users and customers putting yourself in their place, and want to be part of a team that creates incredible products combining technology, design, and experience, this job is for you!
Here you will be responsible for:
- Map the design of the customer /user experience. From discussions for survey solution hypotheses (for example with a sprint design), to the elaboration of flowcharts, wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes;
- Conduct usability tests, A / B tests and interviews with customers and stakeholders;
- Understand the business and user requirements to create interactive/navigable interfaces, wireframes and prototypes to validate proposals for new features and products;
- Understand the behavior of customers/users, their needs and pains, and translate this into clear data and insights to transform business requirements into experience requirements;
- Document the creative process and its deliverables, for example through information architecture;
- Collaborate with teams of designers, product managers, business analysts, and developers in order to quickly validate and deliver a better experience using the product, platform, or service.
You are ahead if you have:
- Experience with UX for at least 1 year, with a portfolio presentation that demonstrates your knowledge in design, research and delivery of digital experience from end to end;
- Ability to use at least one of the prototyping tools (Figma, Invision, XD, Sketch);
- Proactivity to get out of the chair and talk to customers, users and steakeholders;
- A curious and studious mind;
- Experience in agile work/collaboration formats in a start-up environment;
- Relevant projects for transforming complex problems into simple and incredible experiences;
- A teamwork mindset and empathy and humility to lead discussions, break conflicts, and shed light through numbers;
- An analytical side, concerned with the science behind the decisions;
- Intermediate English skills.
Be yourself and have fun! At Zenvia, our differences are valued and respected; Everyone is respected, regardless of race, religion, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age. We operate with autonomy and a sense of ownership. Freedom with responsibility 🙂
What makes us a Great Place to Work?
- Remote-first Policy;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Home Office Allowance;
- A relaxed and informal working environment, with colleagues willing to share knowledge;
- Zenvia Language program;
- Gympass partnership;
- Monthly networking meetings to exchange knowledge;
- Discounts at several educational institutions;
- Flat structure: we enjoy giving and receiving feedback, understanding that this is the best way to grow personally and professionally;
- As the protagonist of your career, we open the way for you to grow and develop with us.