As an Alice Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll be joining a small but passionated cross-functional team, leading the designs of Alice’s complex features, data pipelines, security and more.
Here you are going to be responsible for:
- Automate Cloud infrastructure provisioning and management
- Understand and foresee our infra requirements for development, test and production environments
- Work closely with backend developers to design our infrastructure
- Guarantee SLA for our infrastructure
- Guarantee high levels of security in our APIs and data
- Measure and monitor availability, latency and overall system health
- Maintain our CD / CI tools
- Write and maintain our infrastructure documentation
- Develop infrastructure as Code
- Keep our source organized in our git repository
- Collaborate in building and enforcing the roadmap
- Manage and prioritise your tasks efficiently
- Collaborate with architecture and code design decisions
- Participate in on-call 24/7 rotation
Our current technology
- AWS Cloud based development:
- AWS Beanstalk
- Kubernetes with EKS
- Micro-service architecture
- Messaging with Kafka/SNS
- CI/CD with Jenkins
- Observability stack with Prometheus, Loki, Tempo, Grafana, OpsGenie and Splunk
- Kotlin / Java in backend
- Flutter / Native for mobile
Our expectations of a strong candidate
- Experience in infrastructure development / support (3+ years)
- Advanced programming skills in any language specially Java and Groovy
- Experience using Docker or similar technology
- AWS cloud: VPC, VPN, Subnets, RDS, EKS, ELBs, Security Groups and others
- Prior experience in automation tools like Terraform, Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- Hands on experience with development best practices (testing, code-review, etc)
- Strong sense of commitment and delivery focus
- Able to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders in cross-functional roles and projects
We believe diversity makes a better world. It wouldn’t be different at Alice. That’s why we encourage people with different stories and backgrounds to apply to our positions.
But in order to make it right and create a really diverse environment, we still have a lot to learn. And you can help us. How? Answering the questions below in your application.
It’s ok if you don’t feel comfortable to answer it. This survey is voluntary and it will help us to have metrics so we can make Alice a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
One of our virtues is complete transparency, so let’s ensure things are crystal clear here:
- If you’re not part of any diversity group, your choices of answer (or lack of), WON’T affect the selection process.
- If you ARE part of a diversity group, answering this survey is a faster way for us to reach you, giving us the opportunity to prioritize according to the position.