Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience building scalable backends to support the product features. You are passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability. You like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork. You are pragmatic and do not pick technologies without considering the benefits for the product and business. You are a thinker and problem solver, not a requirement follower.
You will help to bootstrap a new product; will lead the development of the frontend, and also work on the architecture discussions with the Backend team.
- Discuss good practices for software modularization and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Create unit tests using frameworks like mocha or jest
- Identify front-end bottlenecks and optimize the webpage performance to improve the user experience.
- Integrate frontend and backend through REST APIs.
- Mentor other engineers and share knowledge with them.
- Communication. You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken) – you will work in an international team with native and non native english speakers
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt
- Experience with best practices for web performance optimization
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests
- Collaboration with Back End. Experience with integrating REST APIs as well as their design so you can also collaborate on its definition together with our backend team
- Collaboration with Design. Working knowledge of UI/UX practices, as well as understanding the web standards
- Curiosity. You’re keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You’re a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are eager to learn more
- Leadership. You have mentored others and helped them become the best version of themselves. You are a reference to the group and keep up with their training needs – it is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field is preferable but not mandatory.
- Deep Computer Science knowledge, including Data Structures and Algorithms.
What you will find here:
- Generous Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Building a Rapidly-Growing Tech Company
- International Environment / Career
- Ability to Work with Cutting-Edge Technology
- Access to an Online Learning Platform
Dica Remotar: aumente suas chances de contratação aperfeiçoando suas habilidades! Neste link você encontra os melhores cursos por valores a partir de R$ 24,90! Ao adquirir um curso através de nossos links, você ajuda a Remotar a continuar oferecendo a melhor curadoria de vagas remotas do Brasil.