For this role you will be joining the Design System’s team to help define, maintain and evolve our system, working closely with product and brand teams across the company.
This position will allow you to create components, patterns, interactions, and behaviors defining our system and our products’ user experience.
- Collaborate with product design, engineering, and research to establish, build, and maintain a comprehensive library of shared components, using a modular approach for Web, iOS, and Android interfaces which will be part of Bitso’s Design System.
- Work closely with React, Android an iOS engineers to ensure our designed components are in-sync with their needs. Consider technical constraints to always bring incremental value.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper component documentation and communication.
- Utilize research methods to assess the efficacy of the system and understand customer needs.
- Measure, improve and align Design System impact metrics with company objectives.
- Advocate for accessibility standards, inclusive design principles, and best practices.
- Empower teams across the company to adopt and contribute to the design system.
- Stay current with trends in UX, design, and Crypto.
Who you are:
- Between 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in web/mobile design.
- An exceptional portfolio that highlights thoughtful and high-quality UX and UI work for web and mobile apps and/or design systems (please share a link to your portfolio with us).
- High level of proficiency with Figma.
- A service mentality and willingness to make others succeed.
- Ability to drive an end-to-end design process and communicate design decisions to cross-functional partners, and to negotiate for a final result that works for the business and for users.
- Experience discovering solutions through research and user testing (sharing prototypes with customers and internal stakeholders).
- Experience applying the best practices for designing mobile-first experiences.
- Advanced level knowledge of design pattern libraries and design components.
- Ability to identify patterns and tokenize the common ground assets into a systematic framework.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and guidelines.
- Familiarity with design principles and design foundations, typography, colors, grids, and layouts and dynamic type.
- Ability to define and implement style guidelines.
- Comfortable writing systems documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.