The healthcare industry today is focused on becoming more and more effective and efficient. That means, we need to understand all data we collect and produce at Alice. As and Alice Data Engineer you are going to collect, transform, and organize all data generated by multiple sources and make them available to algorithms, people and government. You will spend some time understanding how teams across the entire company need them to turn them into something we can extract value from them.
Here you are going to be responsible for:
- Build and automate data pipelines for multiple data sources
- Contribute to our Data Lake infrastructure and architecture
- Understand and foresee our data requirements
- Work closely with backend developers to design our infrastructure
- Guarantee Members’ information privacy
- Measure and monitor availability and latency for our data solutions
Double click in your routine:
- Enforce privacy polices
- Keep our source organized in our git repository
- Collaborate in building and enforcing the roadmap
- Manage and prioritize your tasks efficiently
- Collaborate with architecture and code design decisions
Our current technology
- AWS Cloud based development for data:
- RDS (PostgreSQL)
- Kotlin / Java in backend
- Flutter / Native for mobile
What makes you a strong candidate
- Experience with data product development (ETLs, Airflow, advanced SQL)
- Advanced programming skills in Python, Java or Kotlin
- AWS Cloud / Terraform
- Hands on experience with development best practices (testing, code-review, etc)
- Strong sense of commitment and delivery focus
- Able to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders in cross-functional roles and projects
- Prior experience building Data Lakes and Data Warehouse
- Familiar with queue-based architectures, ERPs, APIs integrations
- Familiar with big data processing tools like Spark, Hadoop
We believe diversity makes a better world. It wouldn’t be different at Alice. That’s why we encourage people with different stories and backgrounds to apply to our positions.
But in order to make it right and create a really diverse environment, we still have a lot to learn. And you can help us. How? Answering the questions below in your application.
It’s ok if you don’t feel comfortable to answer it. This survey is voluntary and it will help us to have metrics so we can make Alice a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
One of our virtues is complete transparency, so let’s ensure things are crystal clear here:
- If you’re not part of any diversity group, your choices of answer (or lack of), WON’T affect the selection process.
- If you ARE part of a diversity group, answering this survey is a faster way for us to reach you, giving us the opportunity to prioritize according to the position.